In Hope-Made, junior and baking enthusiast Hope Kabel will share some of her favorite recipes.
These bars are an easy, delicious, and decadent treat that can be made from start to finish in less than 45 minutes. They are so rich and chocolaty that you won’t even miss the gluten or dairy! Feel free to experiment with and add different types of chocolate chips, nuts, or other mix-ins. Happy baking!
6 T earth balance
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c shredded unsweetened coconut
3/4 c oat flour
¾ – 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the sugars & stir. Wait until the mixture is somewhat cool (about 5 minutes so you don’t scramble the egg) and then add all remaining items other than the chips & stir.
- Fold in the chips.
- Pour mixture into a foil-lined and sprayed 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle a few extra chips on the top if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 22-26 minutes.
- Allow to cool well, slice, serve. Enjoy!
- Hope Kabel ’14